MAIN LINE FINISH CARPENTERS ~ EXPERTS IN CUSTOM TRIM & CUSTOM CABINETRY
Custom Cabinetry, Custom Built ins, Mudroom Cubbies
As experienced carpenters on the Main Line, we carefully guide your custom carpentry built ins or new custom trim to realize the look you want in your home. As talented finish carpenters who have earned a reputation for quality, that’s what we do… We make your home your dream home.
Given Ted’s extensive background, his expert team of carpenters can build anything for your home. If you or your interior designer can dream it, or you show us a photo of your new custom built-ins, we can build or install it for you.
Our experienced finish carpenters have the ability to create one-of-a-kind decorative looks by combining moldings and profiles that will appear only in your home. We also have the tools to fabricate unique trim profiles creating truly unique moldings only found in your home.
We have successfully performed beautiful custom carpentry projects throughout the Main Line, from Wynnewood to West Chester. Our master carpenters and can install – crown molding, wainscoting, chair-rail, bookcases, mudroom cubbies, fireplace surrounds and mantles, and all types of cabinetry built-ins.
The Process for Custom Finish Carpentry ~ Your supervising finish carpenter will start the process with a free consultation, where we work with you in creating trim work or custom designs that compliment your home. Here is an overview of our process for custom carpentry projects:
Discovery ~ We start with an initial consultation to discuss your vision and the projects' goals.
- Online Research: In advance of the consultation appointment, homeowners can perform research online for similar projects to the one you are planning – by visiting Houzz.
- Specialty Lumber Company Books: Our specialty trim partner, Tague Lumber, has an online profile book. You can view it HERE.
Pre-Production Planning ~ We schedule a convenient onsite meeting to review trim moldings and trim profiles, or your custom design, to determine how the project specifications match-up with your tastes and your home’s style.
- Discuss creative possibilities of combining trim moldings and profiles, or view photos online for sharing the vision and co-creating your home's new look.
- We also have partnerships with two Main Line interior designers, who can assist you in planning your new custom carpentry project.
Production ~ We schedule our finish carpenters to accommodate your family's convenience, including a firm completion date. If want a faster completion, we will assign a larger crew to speed-up your project’s timing, assuming we can meet safety precautions for social distancing.
- Our carpenters and carpenter assistants will execute the project either onsite or in our workshop. Then they will carefully install your custom project.
- Upon installation, our best finish painters will finish off the woodwork. We offer all phases of staining and polyurethane applications, as well as traditional brush-and-roll and spray paint finishes.
TJ's Finish Carpenters and Trim Carpenters Expert Services ~
- Office cabinetry and office built-ins
- Wainscoting and bead-board
- Shiplap walls and shiplap ceilings
- Crown molding (also, crown moulding)
- Trim carpentry – including new window trim and door trim
- Custom cabinetry including custom doors and drawers
- Custom built-ins and custom bookshelves
- Custom fireplace surrounds and mantles
- Coffered ceilings and ceiling beams
- New cabinetry and new vanity installations
- Custom mudroom cubbies and benches
- Custom closet organization and closet shelving
- New interior doors and new exterior doors
- New windows and window trim, window aprons