MAIN LINE TRIM CARPENTERS ~ EXPERTS IN CUSTOM BUILT-INS & CUSTOM CABINETS
Custom Cabinets, Custom Built-ins, Mudroom Cubbies, Shiplap, Wainscoting
As experienced trim carpenters on the Main Line, we carefully guide your custom carpentry built-ins or new trim-work to achieve the look you want in your home. As talented finish carpenters who have earned a reputation for quality, that’s what we do… We make your home your dream home.
Given Ted’s extensive background, his expert team of carpenters can build anything for your home. If you or your interior designer can dream it, or you show us a photo of your new custom built-ins, we can build or install it for you.
Our experienced finish carpenters have the ability to create one-of-a-kind decorative looks by combining moldings and profiles that will appear only in your home. We also have the tools to fabricate unique trim profiles creating truly unique moldings only found in your home.
We have successfully performed beautiful custom carpentry projects throughout the Main Line, from Wynnewood to West Chester. Our master carpenters and can install – crown molding, wainscoting, chair-rail, bookcases, mudroom cubbies, fireplace surrounds and mantles, and all types of cabinetry built-ins.
The Process for Custom Finish Carpentry ~ Your supervising finish carpenter will start the process with a free consultation, where we work with you in creating trim work or custom designs that compliment your home. Here is an overview of our process for custom carpentry projects:
Discovery ~ We start with an initial consultation to discuss your vision and the projects' goals.
- Online Research: In advance of the consultation appointment, homeowners can perform research online for similar projects to the one you are planning – by visiting Houzz.
- Specialty Lumber Company Books: Our specialty trim partner, Tague Lumber, has an online profile book. You can view it HERE.
Pre-Production Planning ~ We schedule a convenient onsite meeting to review trim moldings and trim profiles, or your custom design, to determine how the project specifications match-up with your tastes and your home’s style.
- Discuss creative possibilities of combining trim moldings and profiles, or view photos online for sharing the vision and co-creating your home's new look.
- We also have partnerships with two Main Line interior designers, who can assist you in planning your new custom carpentry project.
Production ~ We schedule our finish carpenters to accommodate your family's convenience, including a firm completion date. If want a faster completion, we will assign a larger crew to speed-up your project’s timing, assuming we can meet safety precautions for social distancing.
- Our carpenters and carpenter assistants will execute the project either onsite or in our workshop. Then they will carefully install your custom project.
- Upon installation, our best finish painters will finish off the woodwork. We offer all phases of staining and polyurethane applications, as well as traditional brush-and-roll and spray paint finishes.
TJ's Finish Carpenters and Trim Carpenters Expert Services ~
- Bookcases, office built-ins
- Wainscoting, bead-board, faux wainscoting
- Shiplap, shiplap walls, shiplap ceilings
- Crown molding
- Trim carpentry – baseboards, door trim, window trim
- Custom cabinets with custom doors and drawers
- Custom built-ins with adjustable bookshelves
- Mantles, fireplace surrounds, fireplace wall panels
- Coffered ceilings, ceiling beams
- Mudroom cubbies, custom benches, window seats
- Closets, closet organizers, closet shelving
- Interior doors, pocket doors, bi-fold door,
- Exterior doors, storm doors
- New windows, replacement windows
- Bathroom vanities, single vanity installs
- New kitchen cabinets, kitchen island